A candidate can run for a Director position on the San Isabel Electric Board in two ways.
- Selection during the Nominating Committee meeting scheduled for Monday, July 2, 2018 at SIEA Headquarters Office at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Nomination by Petition. Any fifteen (15) or more Members may make other nominations in writing by signing their name to the petition. Petitions are due to the SIEA Headquarters Office at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007 no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
For nomination by petition, a candidate must:
- Complete the 2018 Petition Packet in its entirety.
- Complete the Candidate Information Form.
- Complete the Candidate Petition Form.
- Petition Packet must be submitted by the candidate, in person, at SIEA Headquarters Office located at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Petition Packed deadline is August 1, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates are encouraged to submit complete Petition Packets prior to this deadline.
- The Member Service Representative will sign and date Petition Packet at the time of submission. Packet will be date/time stamped.
All candidates who meet Director Qualifications and have submitted a complete Petition Packet by the deadline will be listed on the printed ballot. The submitted photo and biography will be included in the mailed Ballot Package. This information will also be listed on the SIEA website.
Mail-in ballots will be sent and voting opens August 17, 2018.
Voting by mail-in ballots closes on September 13, 2018.
On-site voting registration and ballots will occur at the Annual Meeting on September 15, 2018.
Candidates may prepare a brief speech to be given at the Annual Meeting. The speech may not exceed five (5) minutes maximum, per Board Policy 1-9.
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
- To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be an SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the Member’s primary residence in the district they represent. They must physically live and operate the Member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
- No Member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
- No Member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
2018 Board of Director Election Vacancies
District 3: Gardner, Trinidad East & Vicinity
District 5: City of Walsenburg & Southwest and Northeast Vicinity
District 7: Aguilar, Trinidad West & Vicinity