Clean and Renewable
Electric Thermal Storage Heaters
Available for SIEA members only
What it is
ETS is a heating technology designed to store electric heat during the off-peak hours of the day when electricity costs are cheaper, saving you money. A super-insulated storage cavity containing ceramic bricks is charged (heated) to approximately 1,400°F and is stored for use during the on-peak hours of the day when electricity costs are higher. A fan forces air over the heated bricks sending the warm air into the room throughout the day; keeping you at a comfortable temperature while using a minimal amount of electricity. The ETS unit’s surface temperature is also safe for children to be near as it does not harm or burn when touched. When a member chooses to install an ETS unit they become eligible for a special time-of-use rate class, which allows the ETS unit to charge during off-peak times, when electricity is cheaper, and discharge the stored heat during peak times, when electricity is more expensive.
- $40/KH ETS unit
- $12/KH ETS thermal slab
To claim a rebate:
- San Isabel Electric must be your power utility.
- Submit a completed rebate request form.
- Requests must be made within 120 of product purchase.
- SIEA offers more than 30 rebates. A full list of SIEA rebates is available at siea.com/rebates, as well as a rebate request form.
- Please submit a paid invoice or receipt for each product rebate request.