How we are helping members impacted by the pandemic
- Electric co-ops are built by, and belong to, the communities we serve. That community focus drives our co-op as we respond to evolving COVID-19 challenges and local concerns.
- More than half a million dollars in retired capital credit was returned to our members in April 2020, instead of waiting to do so at the end of the year, as we usually do. More than 19,000 checks were mailed to those who were members in 2019. Ninety-four percent of the checks ranged from $10 to $99. Click here to read more about the April capital credit retirement.
- Disconnects for non-payment and delinquent fees for residential and small commercial members were temporarily suspended from March 20 through July 14, 2020.
- San Isabel Electric has always and will continue to work with member-owners experiencing financial hardships on a case-by-case basis. If you are experiencing difficulty paying your bill, please call 800-279-SIEA and ask for Collections, or call 719-647-6235. SIEA offered a one-time, six-month payment arrangement plan to members with past due balances. Past due balances were divided into six consecutive payments, and added to bills July through December 2020.
- Two new Smarthub tools were added to our online and smartphone app. The Budget Gauge and the Power Usage Alert tools help members better budget for their electric bill. Click here for more information about the new SmartHub tools and how to save energy when spending more time indoors.
- Energy efficiency tips were promoted through our social media channels.
- A list of southern Colorado specific financial resources was made available online. Click here to see the list of economic relief resources.
Continuity of business
We are committed to our mission of providing reliable power with superior service. We are not closed. Service to our members will not stop. We simply will be working differently for a time.
We are focused on maintaining a healthy workforce, and keeping key personnel—such as line workers and member service representatives— available so that we can continue to provide the excellent service you expect from us.
Member Service Representatives are still available by calling 719-547-2160, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call 800-279-SIEA for after hours service-related questions.
Preventive & protective actions
- Our offices are closed to the public until further notice as part of our continued effort to protect the health and well-being of our members, team members and communities we serve. Mail and deliveries are still being accepted.
- Employees who are experiencing any symptoms have been asked to remain home as a precaution so as not to infect members or co-workers they may come in contact with.
- Any employee who has symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to return to work until at least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms and fever has been absent for at least 72.
- If face-to-face contact between members and employees is necessary, SIEA employees will ask the member if a member of their household has tested positive for COVID-19, if anyone in the members’ household has any symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- Work-related domestic travel has been suspended and recreational travel is being discouraged.
- Employees are encouraged to practice social distancing, as well as hand-washing and covering coughs and sneezes.