Two At-Large Scholarships, each in the amount of $1,000, will be available to students who do not attend a high school in San Isabel Electric’s service territory, but reside in the state of Colorado, and are planning to attend their first year of higher education at an accredited college or university. Students must enter college the same year as their graduation from high school.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The student must have an SAT score of at least 1060 OR a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- The student must use a San Isabel Electric application form.
- The student must provide a high school transcript.
- The student must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two (2) pages.
- The student must provide two (2) letters of recommendation.
- The student must provide a 300-word or less essay on the designated topic; and in 50-words or less provide their personal goal statement.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applications will be graded by the San Isabel Electric Board of Directors, based on the quality of the applicant’s resume, essay, letters of recommendation and overall format, grammar and punctuation.
- The top two (2) students will each receive a $1,000 scholarship.