San Isabel Electric will award two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend accredited colleges and universities whose parent or legal guardian is a current member of San Isabel Electric. The students do not have to attend high school in San Isabel Electric service territory, but they must reside in the state of Colorado.
The students’ parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be current Members of San Isabel Electric. Students must enter college the same year as their graduation from high school. The student must be classified as a full-time student. The award will be paid jointly to the student and the school the student attends. The award may be given in addition to other grants and scholarships.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The student must have an SAT score of at least 1060 OR a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- The student must use the attached application form.
- The student must provide an official high school transcript.
- The student must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two pages.
- The student must provide two letters of recommendation.
- The student must provide a 300-word or less essay describing a situation where they led a group or brought people (peers, community members, family members) together for a common goal or purpose; and in 50-words or less provide their personal goal statement.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applicant essay, resume, and letters of recommendation will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and be graded using the attached rubric.
- The selection Committee will choose the two highest graded students to receive a $1,000 scholarship.