Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship Program
Basin Electric Power Cooperative (BEPC) Scholarship Program will award 141 scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each to member-cooperative consumer’s dependents. One San Isabel Electric member or dependent will be awarded a scholarship.
The scholarships must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter college as a full-time student in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given. Checks will be made payable jointly to the student and the school and will be distributed to the school by BEPC in August.
The students’ parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be current Members of San Isabel Electric. BEPC scholarships will be awarded without regard to other awards, loans or financial assistance the applicant may have obtained.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The student must be a U.S. citizen.
- The student must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school.
- The student must have an SAT score of at least 1060 OR a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- The student must use the attached application form and complete it in full.
- The student must provide a recent academic transcript whether it is from a high school, college, university, or trade school.
- The student must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two pages.
- The student must provide two letters of recommendation.
- The student must provide an essay describing how cooperatives can be economic engines for their local communities, that is no longer than one page, typed with a font size no smaller than 12 point, and double-spaced on 8 ½ x 11” size paper. Include your name on the top right-hand corner of the essay.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
- San Isabel Electric will select one recipient to be awarded a scholarship in the member-cooperative consumer category using the attached rubric.
- The final recipient’s completed application will be forwarded to BEPC by San Isabel Electric for final selection.