Continuing Education Scholarship
San Isabel Electric will award one $1,000 scholarship to an adult who has been out of high school for a minimum of two-years and is planning to attend an accredited college, university, vocational or technical school, community college, or junior college.
The adult must be a current Member of San Isabel Electric. The award will be paid jointly to the adult and the school the adult attends. The award may be given in addition to other grants and scholarships.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The adult must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The adult must use the attached application form.
- The adult must provide an official high school transcript.
- The adult must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two pages.
- The adult must provide two letters of recommendation.
- The adult must provide a 300-word or less essay telling their story and their motivation to further their education; and in 300-words or less explain what they hope to accomplish and how they will apply what they have learned.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applicant essay, resume, and letters of recommendation will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and be graded using the attached rubric.
- The selection Committee will choose the highest graded adult to receive a $1,000 scholarship.