A candidate can run for a Director position on the San Isabel Electric Board in two ways.
- Selection during the Nominating Committee meeting, which will be scheduled in June and will occur in July, at SIEA Headquarters Office at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Nomination by Petition. Any fifteen (15) or more Members may make other nominations in writing by signing their name to the petition. Petitions will be due to the SIEA Headquarters Office at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007. The deadline to submit petitions will be published in June.
For nomination by petition, a candidate must:
- Complete the 2019 Petition Packet in its entirety.
- Complete the Candidate Information Form.
- Complete the Candidate Petition Form.
- Petition Packet must be submitted by the candidate, in person, at SIEA Headquarters Office located at 781 E. Industrial Blvd., Pueblo West, CO 81007.
- Petition Packed must be submitted by the deadline, which will be published in June 2019. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates are encouraged to submit complete Petition Packets prior to this deadline.
- The Member Service Representative will sign and date Petition Packet at the time of submission. Packet will be date/time stamped.
All candidates who meet Director Qualifications and have submitted a complete Petition Packet by the deadline will be listed on the printed ballot. The submitted photo and biography will be included in the mailed Ballot Package. This information will also be listed on the SIEA website.
Mail-in ballots will be sent and voting will open mid-August 2019.
Voting by mail-in ballots will close September 19, 2019.
On-site voting registration and ballots will occur at the Annual Meeting on September 21, 2019.
Candidates may prepare a brief speech to be given at the Annual Meeting. The speech may not exceed five (5) minutes maximum, per Board Policy 1-9.
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
- To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be an SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the Member’s primary residence in the district they represent. They must physically live and operate the Member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
- No Member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
- No Member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
2019 Board of Director Elections
District 2 Rye, Colorado City & Vicinity
District 8 Pueblo West Proper
Notice of Nominations for Board of Directors
Notice of nominations for the Board of Directors will be published here in August 2019.