Those who are eligible for the Powered-Up Scholarship will be contacted by the San Isabel Electric communication team after the submission deadline is reached for all other scholarships, March 1, 2021. San Isabel Electric’s Board of Directors will then select the top three (3) winners from all other scholarships, excluding the At-Large Scholarship, to participate in an interview for the Powered-Up Scholarship. The awardee will be announced at the scholarship banquet.
The Powered-Up Scholarship in the amount of $5,000, will be available to a student who is planning to attend their first year of higher education at an accredited college or university. Students must enter college the same year as their graduation from high school. San Isabel Electric will donate $500 to the school that produces the Powered-Up Scholarship awardee provided that the school receives electric service from San Isabel Electric.
Eligibility and application requirement
- All students who apply for any of San Isabel Electric’s available scholarships and their primary address is in San Isabel Electrics service territory are eligible to compete for the Powered-Up Scholarship.
- In addition to the eligibility and application requirements listed for any scholarship, students must have an SAT score of at least 1200 and a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applications will be graded by the San Isabel Electric Board of Directors, based on the quality of the applicant’s resume, essay, letters of recommendation and overall format, grammar and punctuation.
- The board of directors will select the top three (3) awardees from any scholarship to participate in an interview. The top student as determined following the interview process will be awarded the Powered-Up Scholarship.
- The Powered-Up Scholarship awardee will be announced at the annual scholarship banquet.