Two Vocational Scholarships, each in the amount of $1,000, will be available to students who attend a high school in San Isabel Electric’s service territory and are planning to attend an occupational training program of two-years or less at an accredited vocational school, technical school, community college, or junior college. The student must enter the school the same year as their graduation from high school. Scholarship applications are due March 1, 2022 by 5 p.m.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The student must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- The student must use a San Isabel Electric application form.
- The student must provide an official high school transcript or general equivalency diploma (GED) test score.
- The student must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two (2) pages.
- The student must provide two (2) letters of recommendation.
- The student must provide a 300-word or less essay on the designated topic; and in 50-words or less provide their personal goal statement.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applications will be graded by the San Isabel Electric Board of Directors, based on the quality of the applicant’s resume, essay, letters of recommendation and overall format, grammar and punctuation.
- The top two (2) students will each receive a $1,000 scholarship.