The 2020 San Isabel Electric Association, Inc., Annual Membership Meeting was held on Saturday, September 19, 2020 as a virtual meeting. A recording of the annual meeting can be found on our Annual Meeting webpage.
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
- To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be an SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the member’s primary residence in the district they represent. They must physically live and operate the member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
The following are items that are expected of Board Directors in order to gain background information and knowledge needed to make informed decisions on complex matters coming before a rural electric cooperative Board of Directors. Click here for Board Policies.
- Attendance at 12 regularly scheduled monthly Board Meetings (Board Policy 1‑2)
- Attendance at 2-4 additional Board and/or Committee Meetings per year (Board Policy 1-2 and Board Policy 1-4)
- Attendance at national, regional, state or other meetings, conferences, and/or training seminars for 2-10 days per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Become an NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director by attending 10-12 days of training per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Spend considerable time studying and analyzing data and other information presented to the Board (Board Policy 1-3)
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflict of interest with any other Board membership, position, investment, or business (Board Policy 1-8)
- Become proficient in the use and operation of electronic devices as the Board conducts business in a paperless and efficient environment
Directors receive per diem and a mileage reimbursement for meetings attended in accordance with Board Policy 2-2 and the current IRS allowances.
2020 Board of Director Elections
District 1 Beulah, Wetmore & Vicinity
District 6 La Veta, Cuchara & Vicinity
2020 Board of Director Election Results
District 1 Beulah, Wetmore, & Vicinity
Deborah Rose, uncontested
District 6 La Veta, Cuchara, & VIcinity
Donald Keairns, uncontested
Selection during the Nominating Committee Meeting
The Nominating Committee meeting is held in July each year, at SIEA Headquarters Office in Pueblo West.
Nomination by Petition
Any fifteen (15) or more members may make other nominations in writing by signing their name to the petition. Petitions must be completed online through DirectNominations.
For nomination by petition, a candidate must:
Complete the Petition Packet in its entirety.
Candidate Information Form, required attachments, and the Petition Form.
The Petition Packet must be submitted by the candidate.
Petition Packets must be submitted online through the DirectNominations platform.
Petition Packet deadline is typically in early August. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates are encouraged to submit complete Petition Packets prior to this deadline.