The 2020 San Isabel Electric Association, Inc., Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
The 2020 Annual Meeting will be held virtually. For more information see our Annual Meeting page.
Voting will be conducted via on-site ballot drop-off or by mail-in ballot.
Mail-in ballot deadline: Thursday, September 17, 2020.
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
- To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be an SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the member’s primary residence in the district they represent. They must physically live and operate the member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
The following are items that are expected of Board Directors in order to gain background information and knowledge needed to make informed decisions on complex matters coming before a rural electric cooperative Board of Directors. Click here for Board Policies.
- Attendance at 12 regularly scheduled monthly Board Meetings (Board Policy 1‑2)
- Attendance at 2-4 additional Board and/or Committee Meetings per year (Board Policy 1-2 and Board Policy 1-4)
- Attendance at national, regional, state or other meetings, conferences, and/or training seminars for 2-10 days per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Become an NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director by attending 10-12 days of training per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Spend considerable time studying and analyzing data and other information presented to the Board (Board Policy 1-3)
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflict of interest with any other Board membership, position, investment, or business (Board Policy 1-8)
- Become proficient in the use and operation of electronic devices as the Board conducts business in a paperless and efficient environment
Directors receive per diem and a mileage reimbursement for meetings attended in accordance with Board Policy 2-2 and the current IRS allowances.
2020 Board of Director Elections
District 1 Beulah, Wetmore & Vicinity
District 6 La Veta, Cuchara & Vicinity
Selection during the Nominating Committee Meeting
The Nominating Committee meeting will be held on July 1, 2020, at SIEA Headquarters Office in Pueblo West.
Nomination by Petition
Any fifteen (15) or more members may make other nominations in writing by signing their name to the petition. Petitions need to be completed online through DirectNominations no later than 5 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
For nomination by petition, a candidate must:
Complete the Petition Packet in its entirety on DirectNominations.
The Petition Packet must be submitted by the candidate.
Petition Packets must be submitted online through the DirectNominations platform.
Petition Packet deadline is August 5, 2020 at 5 p.m. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Candidates are encouraged to submit complete Petition Packets prior to this deadline.