The 2021 San Isabel Electric Association, Inc. Annual Membership Meeting will be held on Saturday, September 18, 2021.
Information regarding the format of the meeting has not yet been decided. For more information regarding the virtual 2020 Annual Meeting, please visit our Annual Meeting 2020 page.
Voting will be conducted via on-site ballot drop-off or by mail-in ballot.
Mail-in ballot deadline: Thursday, September 16, 2021.
In accordance with Association Bylaws, Article III, Section 3:
- To be eligible to become or remain a Director, a person must be an SIEA Member and receive electric service from SIEA at the member’s primary residence in the district they represent. They must physically live and operate the member’s household in the legal residence for at least ten (10) months each year.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who is in any way employed by, or financially interested in, a competing enterprise or a business selling electric energy, or any other entity where there would be a conflict of interest.
- No member shall be eligible to become a member of the Board of Directors of the Association who has been an employee of the Association during the three (3) years immediately before becoming a Director.
The following are items that are expected of Board Directors in order to gain background information and knowledge needed to make informed decisions on complex matters coming before a rural electric cooperative Board of Directors. Click here for Board Policies.
- Attendance at 12 regularly scheduled monthly Board Meetings (Board Policy 1‑2)
- Attendance at 2-4 additional Board and/or Committee Meetings per year (Board Policy 1-2 and Board Policy 1-4)
- Attendance at national, regional, state or other meetings, conferences, and/or training seminars for 2-10 days per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Become an NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director by attending 10-12 days of training per year (Board Policy 1-6)
- Spend considerable time studying and analyzing data and other information presented to the Board (Board Policy 1-3)
- Disclosure of any existing or potential conflict of interest with any other Board membership, position, investment, or business (Board Policy 1-8)
- Become proficient in the use and operation of electronic devices as the Board conducts business in a paperless and efficient environment
Directors receive per diem and a mileage reimbursement for meetings attended in accordance with Board Policy 2-2 and the current IRS allowances.
2021 Board of Director Elections
District 3 Gardner, Trinidad East, & Vicinity
District 5 Town of Walsenburg & Vicinity
District 7 Aguilar, Trinidad West, & Vicinity
Be the first to know about energy saving special offers, industry trends, rebates and more. Sign-up for our quarterly newsletter.
Selection during the Nominating Committee Meeting
The Nominating Committee Meeting will be held in July 2021, at SIEA Headquarters Office in Pueblo West.
Official date of Nominating Committee Meeting to be determined.
Nomination by Petition
For nomination by petition, a candidate must:
DirectNominations will open on June 1, 2021.
Petition Packets must be submitted online through the DirectNominations platform.
- All candidates who meet Director Qualifications and have submitted a complete Petition Packet by the deadline will be listed on the printed ballot. The submitted photo and biography will be included in the mailed Ballot Package. This information will also be listed on the SIEA website.
- Mail-in ballots will be sent and voting will open August 20, 2021.
- Voting by mail-in ballots will close September 16, 2021.
- On-site ballot drop-off and ballots will occur at the Annual Meeting on Saturday, September 18, 2021.
- Candidates may prepare a brief speech to be given at the Annual Meeting. The speech may not exceed five (5) minutes maximum, per Board Policy 1-9.