how to report a power outage
When you experience an outage, reporting it is easy when you still have power in the palm of your hand. Using the data on your phone you can use SmartHub, San Isabel Electric’s mobile account management app.
Text OUT to 844-959-3013
- Just text OUT to 844-959-3013. This is the same toll-free number that you receive text notifications from, if you are signed up for text notifications about outages, billing and other services. Make sure to save this number in your phone’s contacts for easy future reference.
- The text must come from a mobile number that is linked to the member-owner’s account. Members can update phone contact information with SmartHub. If you need assistance call 800-279-SIEA during business hours and a representative will help walk you through it.
- Outage text reporting is not yet available for accounts with more than one meter, or for members with more than one account.
Just sign in, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click REPORT AN ISSUE. Select POWER OUTAGE and enter the outage information on the next screen.
Log into your account from your smart device. Click on [ … ] for More.
Click on Contact Us, Report an Issue/Inquiry, and Power Outage. Make sure to check your breakers and fuses before clicking Accept.
Give us a call
Get outage notifications
1. Open the Smarthub app and log in.
2. Click on “More” at the bottom of your screen.
3. Click “Settings” and then click “Contact Methods”.
4. Click the option for “Phone” and/or “Email.”
5. Proceed to enter the necessary information.
6. Once contact methods are complete, go back to “Settings.”
7. Click “Manage Notifications” then click “Service.”
8. Click on each section and turn on the notifications for the phone and/or email option.
Learn how energy-saving products and services can lower your electric bill. Apply for 0% interest financing today.
San Isabel Electric must be your electric utility to qualify.
Sign-up for our quarterly newsletter. Be the first to know about energy saving special offers, industry trends, rebates and more.
What Should You Do In the Event of a Power Outage?
Verify that your entire house is out and that you haven’t just blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker.
If you have determined that your home is out of power, turn off or unplug any appliances you were using when the power went out. Leave just one light on so you know when power is restored.
If your power remains out for longer than a few minutes, or to report an electrical safety hazard, please call San Isabel Electric Association toll free at 1-800-279-7432. Your call will be answered by a Member Service Representative or our after hours call center. If the outage is widespread, our phone lines may be busy when you call. Please be patient, your call is very important to us.
You can also use the data on your phone to sign into SmartHub with your username and password. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click REPORT AN ISSUE. Select POWER OUTAGE and enter the outage info on the next screen.
When you call to report an outage, please provide as many details as possible. If you heard a loud bang, or your power is out but your neighbors have power, let us know. This will help us determine any unknown problems on our system.
Outages occur for a number of reasons. In the event of a large or wide-spread outage, we prioritize repairs in order to get the largest number of members back on first.