San Isabel Electric Scholarship & Powered-Up Scholarship
San Isabel Electric will award twenty-two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend accredited colleges and universities. Two students from each of the area high schools in the San Isabel Electric service territory will be selected to receive a scholarship.
The twenty-two recipients of the San Isabel Electric Scholarship will have the opportunity to compete for the $5,000 Powered-Up Scholarship. This scholarship is only available to recipients of the San Isabel Electric Scholarship and the recipients must also meet the additional requirements below to be eligible. San Isabel Electric will also donate $500 to the high school attended by the recipient of the Powered-Up Scholarship.
The students’ parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be current Members of San Isabel Electric. Students must enter college the same year as their graduation from high school. The student must be classified as a full-time student. The award will be paid jointly to the student and the school the student attends. The award may be given in addition to other grants and scholarships.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- The student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be currently receiving electric service from San Isabel Electric.
- The student must have an SAT score of at least 1060 OR a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- The student must use the attached application form.
- The student must provide an official high school transcript.
- The student must provide a copy of their resume, not to exceed two pages.
- The student must provide two letters of recommendation.
- The student must provide a 300-word or less essay describing a situation where they led a group or brought people (peers, community members, family members) together for a common goal or purpose; and in 50-words or less provide their personal goal statement.
Powered-Up Additional Requirements
- The student must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5.
- The student must have an SAT score of at least 1200.
Selection of Applicants
- All applications will be reviewed to verify requirements have been met.
- Applicant essay, resume, and letters of recommendation will be reviewed by the Selection Committee and be graded using the attached rubric.
- The selection Committee will choose the two highest graded students from each school to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- The Selection Committee will identify the three highest graded applicants from the San Isabel Electric Scholarship for an interview. The Selection Committee will select the highest scoring student to receive the $5,000 Powered-Up Scholarship. Whichever high school produces the Powered-Up Scholarship recipient will have one additional $1,000 San Isabel Electric Scholarship awarded to the next highest scoring student.