For immediate release:
1:00 p.m. – Monday, July 26, 2021
San Isabel Electric, for a second year in a row, will be foregoing an in-person annual meeting, conducting the meeting virtually online, Saturday, September 18 at 1 p.m.
At the time when the board needed to decide whether to hold the meeting in person, it was unclear what COVID-19 restrictions would be in place. Due to these factors, and in consideration of the safety of the employees and the membership, it was decided to hold a virtual annual meeting again in 2021.
In 2020, a record number 1,095 co-op members registered for San Isabel Electric’s first-ever online annual meeting, the highest registration in the co-op’s 82-year history.
Registration for the 2021 virtual annual meeting will open September 13 at 8 a.m. and close September 18 at Noon.
- Phone registration will only be available during business hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. September 13 – 17, and on Saturday, September 18 between 10 a.m. and noon.
- After registering, members will receive an email with instructions about how to join the meeting. You must pre-register to participate in the live virtual annual meeting.
- Members who pre-register will receive a $20 bill credit as a registration gift that will appear on the bill they receive in November.
At the annual meeting, two big announcements will be made.
- A $25,000 home energy-efficiency project donation
- News about future rate stability.
The co-op will also inform the membership about programs available to help lower electric bills.
The grand prize is an electric lawnmower. Two $50 gift cards will also be given away. The winners will be drawn randomly from the members attending at least half of the annual meeting and will be notified the following week.
Members are asked to submit questions through the chat feature during the annual meeting. Answers to questions and a recording of the meeting will be available on SIEA.com following the annual meeting.
As a not-for-profit cooperative utility, San Isabel Electric provides affordable, reliable electricity with exceptional service to communities throughout southern Colorado. Serving nearly 20,000 member-owners and 24,000 meters, San Isabel Electric has been keeping the lights on since 1938. We don’t just serve communities. We are part of communities.